Pregnant With Triplets and Can’t Sleep?
Shannon–not her real name–was finally pregnant with triplets after having tried for 10 years to get pregnant.
She and her husband were so excited about this event!
Shannon had no idea what was in store for her with the pregnancy and was looking forward to the adventure, until . . .
First there was the exhaustion from lugging around the extra baby weight and heart burn like she had never experienced before.
Then she noticed extreme fatigue. She was just so tired . . .
Not getting enough sleep at night was a BIG part of it.
Then one day a Native American friend told her about some techniques to help her sleep better. While they didn’t totally take away her insomnia, they sure helped.
Are you having a hard time sleeping at night because you are pregnant with triplets?
Are you uncomfortable with your big belly?
Need to run to the bathroom every hour?
Maybe you are experiencing leg cramps
Or just excited or anxious about the new arrivals?
Well, I have good news for you. You are not alone!
Eight out of ten women have insomnia and other sleep problems during pregnancy. Add the fact that there are three babies in there, it only makes sense.
Don’t despair; other multiple moms have been in your place.
So . . .
How can you reduce your stress helping you to sleep better when you’re pregnancy with triplets?
- Writing in a journal before going to bed. Write out your feelings about the day. List 3 things that were positive. Maybe just journal on how the pregnancy is going. Focus on the wonder of becoming a Mom.
- Winding down before bed with your own soothing ritual. Taking a warm bath . . . having a cup of chamomile tea . . . listening to quiet music . . . asking your partner to rub your feet . . . just relaxing. Especially listening to guided relaxation tapes can help prepare you for bed.
- Creating a comfortable sleeping environment. Make sure your room is a comfortable temperature for sleeping. Is it dark and quiet enough? Heavy or dark-colored curtains can help keep out unwanted light, and sound machines can help mask the drone of traffic with white noise.
- Stopping drinking your water at least 45 minutes before bed. You need your fluid when you are pregnant, but you don’t want to be doing this too close to retiring for the night. When three babies are pressing on your bladder, you will need to go more then usual.
- Sleeping when you can! That means, if you can sleep during the day do so. Don’t worry about when you get the sleep, just get some. Too many women try to do so much when they are pregnant, that they forget to sleep whenever they can. Not just at night.
Of course, it goes without saying that if you think you have a serious sleep disorder, consult your medical practitioner. Being pregnant with triplets is a more serious situation then a singleton pregnancy.
In the meantime, remind yourself that insomnia may be frustrating, but during pregnancy, it’s also perfectly normal.
Ready for help relaxing and getting rid of stress during your pregnancy now?
Have you heard about “The 3 ‘Deadly’ Mistakes That Cause Stress, Overwhelm and Burnout” by Chief Robert and Terri TallTree?
Now you can experience relaxation and rejuvenation when you uncover the root of your stress and overwhelm and then reverse it forever using the tools inside Overcome the 3 Deadly Mistakes That Cause Stress, Overwhelm and Burnout ebook Package.
Inside this package, you will discover:
- What the 3 Deadly Mistakes that Cause Stress and Burnout are (page 9)
- The Top Five Stress-Related Health Risks (page 5)
- The Answer to the Question “Is That All There Is?” (page 9)
- How to Reconnect With The People You Love (page 10)
- The Three Big Secrets That Allow You to Avoid and Recover From Stress and Burnout
- An Amazing Simple Technique to Having Less Stress and Overwhelm in Your Life 5 Minutes From Now (page 10 and 11)
- How to Reduce Your Stress Instantly Just by Listening to “Ancient Wisdom” Guided Relaxation™ Audio 5 minutes a Day
So do yourself a favor and just click on this link to check it out for yourself.
And remember there’s a 5 minute guided relaxation tape to help you relax and get some sleep.
To Your Abundant Life with Multiples,